MATCH-UP 2019, the 5th International Workshop on Matching Under Preferences, will be held in the Congressi Stefano Franscini, Monte Verità, Ascona, Switzerland from Sunday 26 May – Wednesday 29 May 2019. It is the fifth in the series of interdisciplinary and international workshops on matching under preferences.
Matching problems with preferences occur in widespread applications such as the assignment of school-leavers to universities, junior doctors to hospitals, students to campus housing, children to schools, kidney transplant patients to donors and so on. The common thread is that individuals have preference lists over the possible outcomes and the task is to find a matching of the participants that is in some sense optimal with respect to these preferences.
The remit of this workshop is to explore matching problems with preferences from the perspective of algorithms and complexity, discrete mathematics, combinatorial optimization, game theory, mechanism design and economics, and thus a key objective is to bring together the research communities of the related areas.
Important dates (provisional)
- Paper submission deadline: 15 January 2019
- Notification: 22 February 2019
- Final version for proceedings: 15 March 2019
- Poster abstract submission deadline: 1 April 2019
- Workshop: Sunday 26 May (starting at 1400) to Wednesday 29 May (ending at 1830) with an excursion in the afternoon of Tuesday 28 May
- Bettina Klaus, University of Lausanne, Switzerland (Chair)
- Péter Biró, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Hungary
- David Manlove, University of Glasgow, UK
- Marek Pycia, University of California, Los Angeles, USA, and University of Zürich, Switzerland
MATCH-UP 2012: 19-20 July 2012 at Corvinus University of Budapest, Hungary (68 participants).
MATCH-UP 2015: 14-16 April 2015 at the University of Glasgow, Scotland (80 participants).
MATCH-UP 2017: 20-21 April 2017 at Microsoft Research New England, Cambridge, USA (108 participants).